Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hoops on Haasephalt 2013

Hello World,

I wasn't really planning on this post, but the event that I just witnessed basically compelled me to write about it. It is a detour from what I generally post, but trust me, it was worth it.

So, just to introduce the event to you guys who don’t already know about it, Hoops on Haasephalt 2013 was the second edition to the annual event that kicks off the basketball season.
Now, moving to the fun part, there was everything one can hope for, food and drinks, free t-shirts, a wheelchair exhibition game, a dance competition featuring the women’s basketball team, men’s basketball team, the men’s soccer team and the softball team, performances by the cheerleaders of UAB, and the tantalizing UAB golden girls, a 3 point shootout, a DUNK contest, a lot of fireworks, and believe it or not, a damn helicopter. Yeah, the head coach of UAB Men’s basketball landed just north of the outdoor court in a freaking helicopter. I was stunned for a couple of minutes to be frank.
It was an amazing evening watching the USA national women’s wheelchair basketball team, and the contests.
The highlight of the evening was the dunk contest, the highlights of which are on the youtube link below. Please like and comment on the youtube video too,if you like it.


So, now, I get back to work and leave you’ll with my favourite quote on basketball by Michael Jordan (the G.O.A.T)
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Cheers,
<<<Dhiraj>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment