Sunday, October 13, 2013

The truth is - I miss you all

They say the thing that people regret most is not the stuff they do that they shouldn't have but the stuff they wanted to always do, but didn't. I have 1 such thing in my life, something I always wanted to do but never got around actually doing it.

I still remember each one of those expressions on the faces of a few people’s faces when they said they would miss me, when I left to come to the US. It was probably the most humbling feeling in the world. I am so lucky to say there were so many people that said it to me. My friends at Manhattan Associates, a few special people in Bangalore and Mumbai, about whom I will be talking soon, and of course my family. They all deserve a special mention because its words like this that give me the strength to believe in myself. I am a man of logic, of science, of proof, yet, with no proof, or possible sense of security in the US, I came here, all the way from home, by myself. It was definitely my hard work, my families love and prayers, and my thirst to be the best I can be, but it also was these small (well, small but extremely important) things that were the spark plug to the engine.

Meghana, Anusha, Sango, Swagath, PB, Mitali, BG, Arun, Hoorulla, and definitely Dhokebaaz (Sayeda) at office, all the wonderful bunch of young ballers who I had the most fun playing with and teaching sometimes at Springfields (Mayank, Arun, Boris, Shashank, Sudhanshu, Karthik, Daksh, Deeksha) and a few more people who will get their own posts (Yeah!!! :P).
Of course I can’t forget about Manu and TimmyD, but I've spoken about them already, so guys don’t mind :P.

I don’t even know how I can thank my family, or that I ever can. We only hear stories about parents earning as much as they can just to spend the money and their time, and efforts on their children, but I felt that (it increases the pressure, but that’s more fun, isn't it?).

I don’t know why, but I never did really say this, not then, haven’t since. I miss you guys, and I really enjoyed every moment with you all. Some of the best times of my life. Thanks a lot for being there, thanks a lot for all the fun, thanks for everything, oh and of course, thanks for missing me! (Helps a narcissistic like me stay narcissistic :P)

P.S - I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone, if you think so, please forgive me, I know I miss you!!!

Cheers,

Dhiraj

No comments:

Post a Comment