Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ballers around the world!

Well, hello people!!! I hope you’ll are having a great day, week, month and year. I was sort of packing my bags today to go play basketball, but couldn't find my keys. Duh… happens all time.

So, I decided, if I can't play, I can at least talk about basketball.
(Now, it’s not in any wrong order, I am talking about the second love of my life J. Stick with me for some time, and maybe the order in which I do things will start making sense. And if they do, please let me know too :P ).

So, I loved the game, played a little in college, and once in the 3 months in Chennai during my training with Wipro, but the real story begins in Bangalore. It was a hot sunny afternoon. I am going from my ODC (my cubicle) to the canteen, and I have to cross the basketball court. I notice a bunch of guys playing, and I’m thinking to myself, really, in the hot sun… What I was happy about, is I didn't say that to anybody, coz in a couple days, I was there on the court, in the hot sun, playing with those guys.

That’s when a lot of things changed. I had something to do that I really loved, every day, with a bunch of really great guys, better physique, coz I run that much every day, met a lot of new people, learnt a lot about the game, and most importantly, met my first 2 coaches of the game,  Mukul and Pavan. I never told them this, but I always considered them as my coach. They knew a lot more than I did, and taught me all they could. I am in the US today, and I have the courage to play with the amazing talent here because those guys gave me the confidence and helped me with the skills. As important as that is, unknowingly they helped me out of probably the toughest time of my life. Okay, a little background knowledge, I am not very comfortable talking about my problems with anyone. (Okay, back to the story) So, these guys ensure I always have someone to have dinner with, something to think about. I never said this to them, but THANKS…

A couple guys I truly call Brothers and mean every syllable of it. It was a pleasure sharing the court with you guys. Hope we do it again.

Of course, a special mention goes out to a lot of other fantastic people who let me share the court with them and enjoy their company
Arjun, Preetu, Umesh, Priyamvada, Sajay... Thanks.

To TimmyD and Manu, I miss you guys...
Cheers,
DR9

PS: 1 other thing I never told you, when we do ball together, I am totally gonna kick ur asses! :P

2 comments:

  1. Never knew you could write so well ;)
    I know brother you'll get brilliant working out there with coaches & beat the hell out of those who doubted you.
    Yes we'll play again,BB discussions over dinner and have same fun as always.. Let you & timmy get back to INDIA and it'll be awesome !
    And about your last line..... Many people thought same but could never get past..you know what am talking about :P
    And about you doing so.. it isn'r possible bcoz we are one team ;)

    PS: You've inspired me to pen down all my thoughts on a blog.
    If I do, you get the credit :P

    Keep rolling the ball.

    MANU

    ReplyDelete